Definition of Educational Management
What is education management? Understanding Education Management in general is a process of planning, compilation, implementation, and supervision, in managing all resources in the form of human, money, material, methods, machines, markets, time, and information, to achieve goals effectively and efficiently in the field of education.
Education management in a business or company is carried out directly by the education manager to realize the implementation of educational activities that are on target.
The main objective is to increase the regularity in the implementation of company resources. More about management education and its functions in a business or company will be discussed in this article.
Understanding Education Management According to Experts
Some experts have explained the notion of management in the education sector, including:
1. Sharif (1976: 7)
According to Syarif, the notion of education management is any joint effort to utilize “personnel and material” resources effectively and efficiently to support the achievement of education.
2. Sutisna (1979: 2-3)
According to Sutisna, the notion of management in the field of education is the whole “process” that makes available personnel and material resources available and effective for the achievement of shared goals in the field of education.
3. Djam’an Satori (1980: 4)
According to Djaman Satori, the understanding of education management is the whole process of collaboration by utilizing all available personnel and material resources and is appropriate to achieve the educational goals that have been set effectively and efficiently.
4. Made Pidarta (1988: 4)
According to Made Pidarta, the understanding of education management is the activity of integrating various educational sources so that they are focused in an effort to achieve predetermined educational goals.
5. Soebagio Atmodiwirio (2003: 23)
According to Soebagio Atmodiwirio, education management is the process of planning, organizing, leading, controlling educational personnel, educational resources to achieve educational goals.
6. Engkoswara (2001: 2)
According to Engkoswara, management education is a science that learns how to organize resources to achieve the goals that have been set productively and how to create a good atmosphere for humans who participate in achieving the goals agreed upon together.
7. Hadari Nawawi (1981: 11)
According to Hadari Nawawi, the notion of management in the field of education is a series of activities controlling the collaboration of a group of people to achieve educational goals, in a planned and systematic manner that is carried out in a particular environment, especially formal educational institutions.
8. W. Haris
According to W. Haris, education management is a process of integrating all efforts to utilize personnel and material resources in an effort to effectively improve the development of human quality.
9. Purwanto and Djojopranoto (1981: 14)
According to Purwanto and Djojopranoto, the notion of educational management is a joint effort undertaken to utilize all human resources, money, materials and equipment as well as methods to achieve educational goals effectively and efficiently.
10. Stephen J. Kneziech
According to Stephen J. Kneziech, education management is a set of organizational functions that have the primary goal of ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of education services, as well as implementing policies through planning, decision making, leadership behavior, preparing resource allocation, stimulating and coordinating personnel and organizational climate which is conducive.
11. Daryanto (1998: 8)
According to Daryanto, the notion of educational management is a way of working with people in an effort to achieve effective educational goals.
12. Dasuqi and Somantri (1992: 10)
According to Dasuqi and Somantri, education management is an effort to apply management principles in the field of education.
13. Sagala (2005: 27)
Whereas Sagala said the notion of management education is the application of management science in the world of education or as the application of management in the development, development and control of business and educational practices.
14. According to Gaffar
According to Gaffar, education management is a systematic, systemic and comprehensive collaborative process in the context of realizing national education goals.
15. Mulyasa (2002: 19)
Management of education according to Mulyasa is defined as anything related to the management of the education process to achieve the goals set, both short-term, medium-term goals and long-term goals.
16. Ministry of Education and Culture Planning Bureau (1993: 4)
Understanding education management according to the Ministry of Education Planning Bureau is the process of planning, organizing, leading, controlling educational personnel, educational resources to achieve educational goals, educating the life of the nation and fully developing humans
The whole human being is a man who has faith, is devoted to God Almighty, has noble character, has knowledge, skills, physical and spiritual health, a stable personality, is independent, and is responsible to the community and nation.
Educational Management Scope
Broadly speaking there are four scopes of management in the education sector, including:
1. Based on the Work Area
The scope based on the work area can be divided into:
- Management of education in one country or national level, handling the implementation of educational training inside and outside school, including conducting training, enrichment research, and education covering culture and the arts nationally
- Furthermore, education management in one province, the scope of which covers the area of work limited to the province and its implementation is assisted by officers in the district and sub-district
- Education management in one regency / city, the scope of which covers the working area of one regency or one city only
- Education management of one work unit, this only focuses on one work unit that is directly in handling the work of educating
- The smallest activity in the management of education is classroom management.
2. Based on the Worked Object
The scope based on the motorcycle taxi can be divided into:
- Student management
- Management of personnel in the school
- Curriculum in schools
- Infrastructure / material management
- School Administration Management or Education Administration
- Education Budget Arrangements
- Management of educational institutions or organizations
- Public relations management or education communication management.
3. Based on Function
The scope based on the function or sequence of activities can be divided into:
- Oversee or evaluate
4. Based on the Implementer
When we look at the scope of the classroom environment, the teacher acts as an administrator. Therefore the teacher must be able to carry out various management activities. In other words, the teacher acts as a manager in the classroom.
Functions and Roles of Educational Management
There are 4 important elements that must be realized as one of the means to an end. Here are 4 important elements in the function of education management:
1. As a Planning (Planning)
In this case the management of education must ensure that all resources in various fields can make a work map and in accordance with the company’s vision.
2. Organizing (Organizing)
Management education collects human resources in the company, capital and equipment needed. This field must also look for the most effective way to achieve the company’s main objectives by involving all the existing components and making sure everything goes on track.
3. As the Implementer
Management education is important to move the company’s human resources and encourage carrying out activities that have been planned for the achievement of objectives. This is important as an efficiency process so that the performance of all employees is effective.
4. As a Supervisor (Controlling)
This field has an obligation to control resources so that they run according to predetermined tracks. When things go wrong, they have to work to straighten them up as before.
Educational Management Objectives
In general the main aim of management education is to shape the personality of students to fit the goals of national education and the level of development or improvement for the age of education.
In addition, management in the field of education also has the following objectives and benefits:
- Creating an atmosphere of learning and learning processes that are effective, active, creative, meaningful, and fun
- The realization of students who are active in self-development so that they have religious spiritual strength, self-control, intelligence, good personality, noble character, and skills that benefit the community
- To fulfill one of the 5 competencies of educational staff
- So that educational goals are achieved effectively and efficiently
- The positive image of education is increasing
- Improve the quality of education
- The realization of educational planning that is equitable, quality, relevant, and accountable
- Educators are equipped with knowledge about the processes and tasks of educational administration
Urgency of Educational Management
With global conditions that continue to roll and opportunities for a more brilliant future can be a great capital to make changes. To achieve this great goal also requires a large qualification in corporate education management. Through improving the qualifications of human resources, the company has carried out a commitment in terms of improving quality, especially in the field of administration.
This management is also required to understand opportunities as important capital as a foothold in improving the quality of human resources in addition to increasing high commitment. The benefits? This will automatically have a domino effect (in positive terms) in terms of company management, business, strategy, human resources, education and teaching.
Companies or businesses that do not have good management in terms of education will hamper its development because its ethos is still less than the set standards. This happens because of the lack of innovation from the team / employee / employee. As mentioned earlier that education management has an element as an organizer that will map its resources like what.
Carefully and systematically the following are the functions:
- Encourage strategy design through rational, systematic and effective approaches that are useful for managers and teams.
- Maximize the overall process and provide education to improve the quality of company resources.
- Train resources to be able to create a good framework; short term or long term. So the target is easily achieved.
- Facilitate effective allocation of resources in accordance with educational qualifications.
- Improve professional attitude in every member of the organization or company so that responsibility arises to carry out the task.
Seeing the importance of understanding the understanding of management education, now is the time you start thinking of establishing this field so that the quality of your business improves.